Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: anyone notice?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Lil Mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2001
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Hey did anyone notice David;s dissapearing, reapearing necklace in the first scene of 42? hee hee

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Kid Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yup I noticed that as well during my second read-through of the issue!

    Any thoughts on where it disappeared to??

    *giggle*




  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner LAMECH's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 1999
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    restroom.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mel wins a No-prize! I missed it; I had eyes only for Katchoo. This continuity error is no mistake, but one of Terry's little jokes. Another one is the faucet in #23. Where did the necklace go? Into the batter? No, it was never really there. We just imagined it.

    ------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 5Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Missed it completely! Waugh!

    I noticed the "Butt Light" beer they were drinking...

    I noticed the cat/panther tattoo on Tambi's back smile

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="comic sans ms, jester, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thrasymachos:
    Mel wins a No-prize! I missed it; I had eyes only for Katchoo. This continuity error is no mistake, but one of Terry's little jokes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Well, actually, you only ge a no-prize if you give a good explanation why it wasn't a mistake...

    Heck, it could have been a mistake-every little thing isn't necessarily an in-joke. It's only a joke if we see what happened to it while it was gone, explaining what happened to it......like K & F switching neckalces in the bathroom, that was cute.

    Darth

    [This message has been edited by Darth Fett (edited August 07, 2001).]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    So, Boba Vader, you want a reasoned argument? Refer to page 2. The necklace appears for the first time. David hasn't flaunted ornaments since he stopped wearing his diamond ear stud. This necklace looks as if he got it from a gum-ball machine. In any event, it is in every panel with David on that page. Next, view page 3, panel 2. The necklace disappears. That's discontinuity #1. In panel 3, it's back. Discontinuity #2. In panel 4, it's gone. Discontinuity #3. On page 4, panel 4, it's back. Discontinuity #4. On page 5, it's gone (I hope for good). Discontinuity #5.
    We have a saying in Chicago: Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence; the third time it's enemy action. (Not that I'm expecting enemy action.) Terry has admitted to one mistake (also regarding jewelry) in issue #32, but that was only a single panel. No, this is one of the little jokes he puts in that one usually finds while rereading. Remember the copy of "Popular Umpire" that Francine took to the beach? Or the "Wet Fur Sale: 1% Off"? Now, there are also little details that are not jokes, such as the jewelry switch at the Kennedy Center, or the marks on Katchoo's wrists. What differentiates these from the jokes (besides the seriousness) is the consistency. The marks on her wrists were first seen in Vol. 3, #2, and they've appeared a few times since, and they're visible in #42. But this necklace is no big deal; it's just a gag.

    ------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sure, whatever.... I didn't run back and check the issue, I thought it had disappeared once and then came back. There seems to be a tendency to hero worship Terry here(but hey, if your gonna look up to the guy, here's the place to do it right? smile) so I just pointed out he's not infallible-but there is no denying the fact that he does like to have fun while chained to his drawing board.

    And btw-Did I piss you off or something Thrasymachos? You always seem so put off when you respond to my posts....I can take a joke as good as the next guy, but I just thought I'd check....

    Darth

    ------------------
    'There can be sex without love, love without sex, and situations so intermixed that nobody can sort out which is which.'
    -Lazarus Long, 'Time Enough for Love'-Robert Heinlein

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I'm not pissed off, just backing up my assertions when challenged. Perhaps I need to employ more emoticons. biggrin
    I may be a Terryolater. He has made a few mistakes (like issue #33 -- oh, just joking, Terry!), but he takes such pains with the details that slips are few and far between. Maybe we can discuss this next week. smile

    ------------------
    Deo volente, Magiae adero.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Darth Fett's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2000
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kewl. 8 days and counting!

    Man, I'm really glad Terry decided not to snub us midwesterners again this year wink

    See ya there!

    Darth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •